1. Fund Regional Public Library Basic System Support grants at the current level of $13,570,000 each year of the biennium.
2. Fund Multicounty, Multitype Regional Library System grants at the current level of $1,300,000 each year of the biennium.
3. Fund the Telecommunications Equity Aid and Regional Library Telecommunications Aid programs to ensure equitable access to high-speed broadband and Internet services for K-12 schools and public libraries.
4. Fund Minitex at $5,426,000 each year of the biennium.
5. Fund MnLINK at $400,000 each year of the biennium.
6. Fund Electronic Library for Minnesota (ELM) at current levels each year of the biennium.
7. Dedicate the entire proceeds of the Permanent School Fund for school technology and library media resources to support Common Core Standards and other initiatives.
8. Appropriate $750,000 in the first year and $600,000 in the second year of the biennium to subscribe, implement, and promote free, online homework help for all MN students.
9. Change the Regional Public Library Legacy funding formula by replacing the equalization factor in the formula with a “qualifying system entities” factor.
10. Fund Regional Public Library Legacy initiatives at $4,250,000 for each year of the biennium from the Arts and Cultural Heritage Fund.
11. Fund the Minnesota Digital Library at $750,000 to expand into a statewide digital preservation initiative from the Arts and Cultural Heritage Fund.
12. Add data privacy protection for electronic materials and services to MS §13.40.
Created by Mark Ranum, 2013 MLA Legislative Committee Chair. January 25, 2013