Welcome to the ALS ILL page! Here you will find the Book/Media and Periodical requests forms and some quick tips for both ALS school libraries that are automated on the Horizon system and others that run their own systems. If you have questions, please feel free to send them via email to email@example.com or call ALS at 218.741.3840 and ask for either Sharon Kangas or Jennifer Ancel.
Book/Media Request Form
Requests for Periodical Articles
Quick Resource Sharing Tips for Arrowhead Library System Member School Libraries on the Horizon System
- Using MnLINK: If your school is not a pickup location on MnLINK, please contact ILL at Arrowhead Library System to request that your library be added as a location.
- Please search the Horizon catalog first and if an item is not found, then search MnLINK at https://mnlink.org/
- Use the “Get it” Button to request an item and be sure to choose your school location from the list of pickup locations. If you don’t see your school, please contact staff at ALS.
- When your library is a pickup location, you will receive materials via the ALS delivery sytstem just as you would other Horizon items. MnLINK items can be identified by a white label with information from the request. Items have a checkout period of three weeks. Please do not extend the time allowed in Horizon as it is due back at the lending location.
- Book Clubs: if you need multiple copies of a book and there are not enough copies available in Horizon, you may use MnLINK. Please put a note in the special instructions field indicating it is a book club request. That will help the staff at ALS to be sure you get enough copies.
- If an item is still not found, you can use the Book/Media or Periodical request forms.
- A reminder for Horizon participating libraries to check your pull list daily, reciprocity is important for Interlibrary Loan!
Quick Resource Sharing Guide for Arrowhead Library System Member School Libraries on Another System
- If you can’t find something in your catalog, please use the Book/Media or Periodical request forms.
- Please verify the request, starting with the Arrowhead Library System Catalog. If you can’t find the item there, take a look on MnLINK at https://mnlink.org/ If you can not verify, please use the additional information box to indicate where you found out about the item. If you are requesting a periodical article, please be sure to check the ELM databases before submitting a request.
- All items will be mailed to your school, so please make sure your address in the ALS directory is correct – contact MaryLei Barclay at ALS to make an address change.