This program distributes large print reading materials for all ages to select Arrowhead Library System member libraries. The Rotating Collection supplements the collections of participating libraries to help meet the needs of local users. The collection is weeded and constantly replenished with new books to keep it current. Every ten weeks libraries exchange 70 books to supplement their collection making over 350 new titles available each year.
Large Print Rotation Schedule – Updated 1/25/21
Local Library Procedures:
Checking in a new packet
- In Circulation, check In all the books in the packet, press enter or select OK to acknowledge the check in notes.
- In Administration, click on the Item Group Editor, search Copy information for the packet you are checking in (LGPT PKT ##) AND Collection “allgpt”.
- Highlight all of the items, click Edit and OK to make a batch change to all items. Change the iType to match your library, select Save and Close.
- To print a list by title or call number click on sort at the bottom of the screen and select title or call number. Click on the printer icon to print..
Sending a packet to the next location
- In Administration, click on Item Group Editor and check Append List box. Scan all of the books. Highlight all of the books, select edit and OK to make a batch change. Change the location code to the library you are sending the packet to. Add a check in note which will be the word “rotate” along with the next rotation date (example: rotate 12/10/2010). Save and Close.
- In Circulation, check in all the books: during this process, you will hit enter twice to acknowledge the check in note and the location change for each item.
- Include the original master lists (one is sorted by title and one is sorted by genre) in the packet and ship the packet by the rotation date. Contact Paula Stanaway at ALS if you are missing the master lists.
Retrieving List of all ALLGPT Rotating Items at your Location
- In Administration, click on Item Group Editor and search for all packet materials by Collection Code “allgpt” and your Location Code. Select the SEARCH button at the bottom. Horizon will generate a list of all materials from the rotation packets that are still assigned to your location.
- Click on the SORT button at the bottom of the screen then click on Call No. and ok. Click on the print icon to print the list.