Arrowhead Library System sponsors a wide variety of continuing education (CE) workshops both in-person and via webinar. These training opportunities are aimed to support the diverse needs of all ALS member libraries no matter the type or size and focus on the latest and best information and ideas to drive innovation and continuous improvement at the local and regional level. To see what training/CE events are coming up around the region, please visit our ALS Calendar of Events HERE.
ALS, member library staff, and library partners are also creating online, on-demand webinars and resources focusing on general topics for all types of libraries. Click on the topics listed below to view:
- 10 Tech Tips: G Suite
- MN Writes MN Reads Webinar
- eLibrary MN (ELM) Overview Webinar
- MNLINK Tutorials
- OverDrive User Experience Webinars
- Brainfuse HelpNow & JobNow Webinar
- MackinVIA PreK-Grade 12 eBook Collection for ALS Member School Libraries Webinar
- Chilton Database Training Resources
- TumbleBookLibrary How-To Video
- ALS Horizon Help Desk How-To Webinar
- MobileStaff, Weeding, and Inventory for Horizon Libraries Webinar
- Library Trustee 101 Workshop
- Searching Enterprise Q & A Webinar
- Mackin Webinars for School and Public Library Staff (Variety of Topics)
- Book Repair Workshop with Pam O’Hara – 10/28/20
For other statewide opportunities, please visit Level Up!, Minnesota’s new centralized library professional development website. Events on the calendar are open to all library staff, although there may be some registration restrictions. Created and managed by a team of librarians across Minnesota, the aim is to help Minnesota library staff keep their knowledge up-to-date and to encourage learning new skills. An easy to use, one-stop site for staff from all types of libraries, in all regions of Minnesota, and at all levels of experience who are seeking training opportunities.
2022 MINI GRANTS FOR ALS MEMBER LIBRARIES
The Arrowhead Library System (ALS) Governing Board has designated funds for mini grants to enhance library spaces, services, and programming at the local level. Mini grants are open to all ALS member public, school, academic, and special libraries in the ALS seven-county service area. 40 mini grants are available in 2022 and libraries may apply for up to $250. Applications will be reviewed weekly and ALS staff will send notification of approval of funding via email within 7-10 business days.
Libraries can only receive one mini grant per year and funding is first come first served. All mini grants are reimbursements to grantees for the expenses and paid receipts will be required for reimbursement, along with an online mini grant report, staff evaluation, and a copy of a thank you letter to MN Legislators representing the area. The deadline for applying is November 11, 2022, and expenses for reimbursement must be made by December 1, 2022. Please note all expenditures must follow public purpose guidelines as published by the League of Minnesota Cities. For more information and to apply, please see links below.
If you are looking for ideas, feel free to check out previous ALS Mini Grant Projects:
- November 2018 ALS Mini Grant Round-Up
- December 2018 ALS Mini Grant Round-Up
- January 2019 ALS Mini Grant Round-Up
- February 2019 ALS Mini Grant Round-Up
- March 2019 ALS Mini Grant Round-Up
- Summer 2019 ALS Mini Grant Round-Up
- Fall 2019 ALS Mini Grant Round-Up
- Winter 2019 ALS Mini Grant Round-Up
- 2019-2020 ALS Mini Grant Round-Up