ALS Public Library Card Online Application
- Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, ALS is helping to ensure patrons have access to library cards. If you would like an ALS public library card and you live in the ALS seven-county service area, feel free to apply online today by clicking HERE! With your ALS Public Library Card, you are able to access many of the free digital resources available 24/7 online and can use it to check out books, DVDs, audiobooks, and more at any of our 27 member public libraries in the region once the majority of services have been restored. New ALS Public Library Cards will be sent via mail to the mailing addresses listed in the applications. If you include your email address, your library card number will be emailed to you as well. If you know you have a library card but can’t find it? Feel free to give us a call at 218-741-3840 and we can help get your library card renewed or issue you a new library card for free.
Public Libraries in the Region:
- If you live in a city with a public library, you can contact your local library to obtain an application for a library card. Find your library website: click here.
- Mail-A-Book is available to rural residents of the seven county region who live in a city without a public library. It is also available to home-bound residents of the region who live in a city that has a public library. This tax-supported program provides library service directly to your home. We even pay return postage.
- Complete the online application available by clicking here, or call Mail-A-Book at 218-741-3840 to receive an application. Complete the application and return by mail, e-mail, or submit online.
- Fill out an application available on the Bookmobile and provide an identification card. The Bookmobile schedule is available here: Bookmobile Schedule 2019 in PDF format.
Note: In Minnesota, you can use your Arrowhead Library System library card at nearly every public library in the state of Minnesota. Some libraries reserve the right to restrict access to certain materials, especially digital resources.